Most businesses today rely on various systems to deliver their products and services. Because of this, moving data freely through these systems and streamlining business processes is essential. Business Process Integration (BPI) allows organizations to create connectivity through seamless data sharing across multiple systems. Trying to achieve this without the proper tools, however, can quickly turn into a frustrating process.
As your business grows, your integration needs increase. When this happens, creating point-to-point connections for various integrations becomes complex and impractical. For this reason, you must leverage a purpose-defined solution that connects applications and systems not only internally but also externally — systems like your supply chain and customer management. This way, you can boost efficiency and productivity while also increasing your delivery speed.
To help you do this, there is LANSA composer, a powerful no-code business process integration suite. It handles the many integrations and process improvement challenges businesses face today. LANSA Composer does this by streamlining how data is exchanged, processed, and monitored among internal systems, external trading partners, and the cloud.
In this article, we’ll discuss how you can leverage this powerful solution for all your integration requirements. We’ll also talk about how you can choose the best Business Process Integration solution for your needs. But before that, here’s a brief introduction to LANSA composer.
What Is LANSA Composer?
LANSA Composer is a design and execution platform that integrates business activities involving transport, data transformation, and custom business processing. It offers a practical and affordable Business Process Integration solution. This will help your organization streamline procedures, reduce human effort and minimize errors. LANSA Composer’s visual environment also allows system designers and business analysts, rather than developers, to automate and integrate business processes rapidly. It is a cost-effective and straightforward way to get a wide variety of business transactions in and out of your ERP system with less human effort.
How can I Identify a BPI Solution to Meet My Needs?
With your business requirements clearly defined, don’t try and reinvent the wheel. Tackle your requirements with a purpose-designed BPI solution.
- Look for a BPI toolset that addresses the four key elements: Transformation, Transportation, Orchestration, and Administration.
- Make sure that these four key elements of the BPI toolset are able to work together. Don’t assume they do, simply because they come from the same vendor.
- Make sure the BPI toolset you select is able to work with your application and operational environment and being able to call your existing applications as well as your database and operating systems.
- Beware of:
– Creating new layers of integration challenges by selecting BPI tools that don’t integrate with each other.
– Growing an uncoordinated patchwork of BPI solutions ‘as you go’, each requiring training and implementation effort.
– Needing developers to get involved. None of the definitions and rules should be coded in programs. All rules should be maintainable at the level of a business analyst, in a central self-documenting BPI solution.
How Can I Leverage LANSA Composer to Meet My Integration Requirements?
To understand how LANSA composer can modernize your integration processes, here’s a review of its main components.
This refers to the subject of the data movement and transformation process. For example, your supply chain management or customer systems. With this BPI solution, you can define everything about your trading partners. From physical addresses, email addresses, order information, and much more.
LANSA composer offers you the option to set up any communication system you want to use to data between trading partners. Whether it’s FTP, HTTP, POP3 (for sending and receiving emails), or message brokers, this BPI solution lets you set up your transportation options.
To cover the need to transfer data from one format to another, LANSA composer’s transformation element lets you create all the possible data mappings. It uses a point and click, drag and drop graphical interface for this process. In addition, this solution offers pre-loaded resources to allow for the transformation of traditional XML and EDI documents.
LANSA composer allows you to orchestrate your new processes to automate and streamline them via the process sequencer. What’s more, you don’t need to be a developer to achieve this as it is a no-code solution.
Last but not least, LANSA composer provides administrators with operational insights via the operations console. It monitors performances, throughput, processing sequences, history, and event logs, amongst others. Here, you can thoroughly dissect each process, see if they did or did not finish successfully.
What integration protocols does LANSA Composer support?
LANSA Composer supplies many ready-to-use activities that support all of the most widely used transport protocols, including:
- FTP Inbound (file transfer protocol)
- FTP Outbound (file transfer protocol)
- HTTP Inbound (hypertext transfer protocol)
- HTTP Outbound (hypertext transfer protocol)
- POP3 for inbound email (post office protocol)
- SMTP for outbound email (simple mail transfer protocol)
- Inbound and outbound via message brokering systems such as IBM MQ Series
- Invoke web services, whether publicly available, published by trading partners or internal to your organization
- SUPPORT MULTIPLE FORMATS such as XML, EDI (UN/EDIFACT and ANSI X12), HL7 (legacy EDI and XML V3.x), XBRL, JSON, Excel, text, database table, and many more.
- EXTRACT INFORMATION from corporate databases to send as XML, EDI, and other document formats to trading partners.
- EDI SUPPORT with many of the common EDIFACT and X12 mappings is already preloaded.
How can I Choose the Right Business Process Integration Solution?
Many organizations are struggling to integrate applications, especially when different technologies, vendors and skills are involved. Integration with cloud platforms and 3rd-parties can also be challenging. Business Process Integration (BPI) can help organizations lower processing costs in addition to improving data accuracy, by automating the exchange of data between systems and trading partners.
The primary goal for any Business Process Integration (BPI) project is to bring efficiencies to your business processes. In order to successfully do so, you need to assess the current processes within your organization, devise an improvement strategy, implement the improvements, and, finally, evaluate the results.
Are You Ready to Modernize Your IT Systems With The Best Business Process Integration Solution?
Low-code solutions provide businesses with the ability to keep up with constantly changing demands and regulations. In today’s world, the pace at which the IT environment changes is bewildering. Therefore, the need to accelerate the development and delivery of enterprise applications cannot be overstated.
LANSA is a low-code solution built to help any business’ modernization processes. It has all the features and components necessary to satisfy your various integration needs, both internally and externally.
Many businesses leverage LANSA composer for different purposes. From major processes to simpler processes. For example, American Health Care Software Enterprises Inc. (AHC), located in South Burlington, Vermont, USA. They are a solution provider to the healthcare industry with its Harmony Health Care Management System. AHC’s Harmony customers use LANSA Composer to exchange HL7 and NCPDP secure medical information documents between their nursing home and other parties, such as pharmacies, local hospitals, labs, and also the American EHR (Electronic Health Records) applications.
To get started with boosting efficiencies, productivity, and speeding up the delivery of your products or services, request for a demo here.