So, you’ve made the wise decision to run your business on the IBM i platform, and now it’s time to maximize your return on investment. LANSA’s suite of IBM i modernization tools will digitally transform your business, increase your IT effectiveness, and decrease your total cost of ownership.
One way that LANSA helps you do this is through our enterprise portal solution called Portalize. Portalize essentially allows you to extend the life of your existing IBM i applications with modern web and mobile interfaces. It is a fully functional, fully customizable portal framework loaded with the most essential portal features right out of the box. With Portalize, your developers can focus on creating solutions rather than struggling to develop the complex features needed in today’s application portals.
In this article, we’ll walk you through:
- What is Portalize?
- Introduction to low code portal builder including a walk-through of the basic features.
- Low-Code Days: Build a Custom Portal for your customers in no time.
- Paths to Smart Modernization on the IBM i discusses several paths for IBM i modernization allowing you to make sure you are on the path that makes the most sense for your specific issues.
What is Portalize?
Portalize (powered by Visual LANSA) is a scalable, customizable, full-featured portal solution. The flexibility of Visual LANSA means it can be easily customized and modified as technology and user demands change.
To learn more about what Portalize is, check out our demo video:
How can I deploy a low-code portal for the IBM i?
Portalize features include:
- Security: Protect your users and their data while maintaining the responsive navigation your users expect.
- Admin Controls: Make managing your portal’s users a breeze. All portalize features can be tweaked, added to, or removed for each portal.
- User Experience: All the features your users have come to expect from a user-friendly portal. Users can create accounts, set security questions, manage their personal information and preferences, reset passwords, and access a variety of other UX features.
Want to know even more? In this video, Tony Graham discusses the following topics:
- Standard user features such as password changes and security questions.
- Standard admin features such as setting roles and account information.
- Portalize visual LANSA source code and modules.
Build Your Custom Portal with Low Code
With Portalize, you can completely customize your portal. In addition to quick and easy customizations, you also get a massive library of usable Visual LANSA modules and code, an understanding of the best practices in Visual LANSA, a reference for consistent application development, and the entire portal source code to customize and tweak as needed.
Watch the video below to learn more about:
- How to add your own application to Portalize.
- Enable language support edition.
- Use cases where Portalize excels.
Also, Another Low Code Days video with Greg Sippel. He will show you a detailed tutorial on how to build a Custom Portal:
What is the best way to do modernization on the IBM i?
LANSA offers a variety of solutions that gives businesses complete control over their IBM i modernization projects. Addressing short-term needs without disrupting long-term goals is a key aspect of LANSA’s approach.
- Modernize Existing Applications
- Create New Applications
- Combine New & Old Applications
- ERP Frameworks
- Build Custom Portals, Fast
Here’s a sample of a typical IBMi 5250 screen:
Here is the same screen after LANSA’s aXes generates it as a progressive web app for browsers:
Learn more IBM i 5250 modernization – instant GUI for web, mobile and more!
IBM i organizations face a wide range of different application modernization options. Learn how you can quickly achieve tactical wins and introduce new web and mobile applications that work in harmony with your existing systems and databases.
You can watch this on-demand webinar and learn how to:
- GUI-enable all your IBM i 5250 screens without changing a single line of code.
- Transform your existing apps into modern web and mobile apps and also integrate them into SharePoint and other web-based solutions.
- Remove the obstacles of application modernization.
- Discover fast, easy as well as cost-effective strategies to meet a broad spectrum of native modernization without requiring open-source or PASE.
What is the smartest way to do IBM i Modernization?
IBM i Modernization doesn’t have to mean massive overhauls, business process interruptions, or long implementation delays.
Tony Graham, long-time IBM i user and Product Manager at LANSA, discusses several paths for IBM i modernization. He explains how to make sure you are on the path that makes the most sense for your specific issues.
Watch Paths to Smart Modernization on the IBM i:
Would you like to learn more about Smart Modernization with IBMi 5250 and Portalize to get started? Contact us!